Thursday, July 19, 2012

Homeschool Meet & Greet 7/17/2012 Meeting Highlights

I would like to thank all of you who attended the Homeschool Meet and Greet. We had about 40 people who attended the South Cobb Homeschool Meet & Greet! What a wonderful turnout! I would again like to acknowledge The Study Hall Education Consulting Compnay, LLC for their business support and providing the snacks. I would also like to extend a special thanks to Jann and Monica who lent their sons to help set up and break down the room and Eva who spontaneously brought extra snacks.

If you were unable to attend, no worries.  There is another meeting scheduled for Monday, July 30, 2012 from 10am-12noon at the South Cobb Library- 805 Clay Road, Mableton 30126. This will be a Back to School Celebration for the kids as well as a planning session for the adults. I would like to know if you all think we should just make it a planning session and postpone the Back to School Celebration... your thoughts?

I will need volunteers to pull off the Back to School Celebration (whenever we decide to have it whether 7/30/2012 or another time in August). Please let me know which crew you (and/or your child if they are old enough) would like to be apart of.

I will need the following:
  • Set up/break down crew
  • Clean up crew
  • Babysitter crew
  • Snack crew 
My initial thoughts for our club is that we have big club meetings/fieldtrips as well as break up into smaller support groups based on the ages of our kids.
For example:
  • Primary Group- PreK - 2nd Grade
  • Elementary Group- 3rd Grade- 5th Grade
  • Middle School Group- 6th Grade- 8th Grade
  • High School Group- 9th Grade-12th Grade
I would love any feedback or questions.  Simply email me at schomechoolers@thestudyhalledu.com .   I look forward to a great year!





No comments:

Post a Comment