Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Resolutions: Personal

2014 is fast approaching and it is now time for New Year's Resolutions.  I was reflecting upon my 2013 goals I realize that I made two out of my six goals.  I JUST eliminated have a second and third job!!!  Now I am just down to one official paying job (Homeschooling does not count in this case- although it IS a job!!).  I was successful in having devotion every morning (although I did not read the Bible in a year as I wanted).

So, what will I strive for this year?

Goal #1- Single-mindedness.
Yes, I am married so I am not talking about single-mindedness in that sense.  I am referring to James 1:2-8 which states:

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

 I am so indecisive and God is showing me that for Him to really work in my life I need to stop wavering and stop doubting God's power to do ANYTHING including allowing me to be a Homeschooling Mother. 

Goal #2- Read the Bible in One Year.
Yep, I am going to do it!  Don't get me wrong, I read the Bible all the time BUT never from cover to cover in ONE calendar year.  I have tried Chronological Order, I have tried Cover to Cover so now I am trying a different method that I found online: http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.html

It is outlined so you read from a different section everyday:

  1. Sunday- Epistles
  2. Monday- Law
  3. Tuesday- History
  4. Wednesday- Psalms
  5. Thursday- Poetry
  6. Friday- Prophecy
  7. Saturday- Gospels
Goal #3- Save $1,378.00

Goal #4- Weekly "Me" Appointment to relax.

Goal #5- Loose the pregnancy belly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment