Monday, July 8, 2013

Field Trip Scouting Report- Little White House and Atlanta Children's Museum

Field Trip Scouting Report


Field Trip Scouting reports are broken down into the following categories:

A= Appropriate for kids ages 3-10
B= Appropriate for kids ages 10 and up
C= Appropriate for teenagers only
D= Appropriate for adults only
E= Appropriate for EVERYONE :)
F= Fun for NO ONE :(

This field trip scout report has been brought to you by The Study Hall Education Consulting Company, LLC (www.thestudyhalledu.com).

Little White House

On Monday, May 27, 2013 I went to the Franklin D Roosevelt's Little White House in Warm Springs, GA on a scouting expedition :)  I would give this field trip a B. Here are my findings.

I enjoyed my field trip, however, I found that it is definitely more suited for older kids.  This field trip would be a great culminating activity after studying The Great Depression and World War II.  

The best website to find up to date information on pricing and special events is http://gastateparks.org/LittleWhiteHouse/ .


 


Atlanta Children's Museum

On Sunday, June 30, 2013 I went to the Atlanta Children's Museum.  Of course, I took the children to check this one out.  I would give this field trip an A.

The Atlanta Children's Museum is PACKED with fun, hands on activities that keeps kids engaged from the moon sandbox area, to painting to grocery shopping to the dance area.  I especially liked how they included the home depot section which allowed the kids to see how things like conveyor belts work.

My children thoroughly enjoyed it and are asking to go back.  Luckily for them and for me Target sponsors the SECOND Tuesday of every month.  That means TOMORROW 7/9/2013 from 1pm to 7 pm  is FREE!!! I plan to go back!!

For more up to date information, check out the website at http://www.childrensmuseumatlanta.org/



This field trip scout report has been brought to you by The Study Hall Education Consulting Company, LLC (www.thestudyhalledu.com).




No comments:

Post a Comment